This is my old PC, which I’m planning on turning into a server. See explanation below.
- CPU: Intel Core i7-5820k (6 cores @ 4.2 GHz) - soon to be down to stock 3.3 GHz again for energy saving
- CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15
- RAM: 48GB: 4x 4 GB Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR4 2400 MHz + 4x 8 GB Crucial Ballistix Sport LT DDR4 2400 MHz
- Mainboard: Asrock X99 Extreme 4
- GPU: None, not needed currently
- SSD 1: Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB (OS and Programs)
- SSD 2: SanDisk (former System Drive, now used for e.g. TrueNAS Cache)
- HDD 1: Seagate 2TB
- HDD 2: old WD 500GB drive that was lying around
- HDD 3: WD Red 4TB
- HDD 4: External USB HDD, 4TB WD My Passport
- PSU: 700W beQuiet System Power 7
- Case: none, lies open on a table :)
- OS: Windows 10 (see explanation)
My “Server” currently runs Windows 10, as this is basically my old PC. I migrated to my new PC already a few months ago, but I didn’t spend much time yet to look if I forgot to move over some important files. As this machine is not yet running 24/7, but only when I need it (and mostly for some VMs), I’m okay with running my old Windows Installation on it and my priority to finally clean this machine up and switch to a different OS is pretty low.